Monday, October 20, 2014

Oh Lulu!

I have been lucky enough to stumble across a great little book with a BIG little girl. Lulu and the Brontosauruses, by Judith Viorst, is one of the funniest book I have read in quite a while. Lulu is the definition of a spoiled brat. But she is also one tough little cookie. Although I started the book shocked at the behavior of little Lulu, I quickly grew to love her tenacious ways.


A few things, in addition to Lulu, make this a unique read. One of the things my students and I have loved about this story is how the writer, not Lulu, pauses to talk to the readers. It's surprising and fun to all of a sudden be in a conversation with the author. Another unusually cool part of this book is how the reader gets to choose the ending!  

As soon as I read part of this book to a class, I realized I had come across something I KNEW would be appreciated by my students. There is already a waiting list! I highly recommend this book to ALL students at Edison. Whatever your age, Lulu is sure to appeal to your funny bone!


    


Check out this quick book trailer!



Want to learn to draw your own Brontosaurus? Learn how here!



No comments:

Post a Comment